Chapter 4 ID3D11Device1

Home Forums Real-Time 3D Rendering with DirectX and HLSL Chapter 4 ID3D11Device1

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Stevus01 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Stevus01
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I’m having a problem running all of the samples. After I create the device (which seems to be successful) the call to
    if (FAILED(hr = direct3DDevice->QueryInterface(__uuidof(ID3D11Device1), reinterpret_cast<void**>(&mDirect3DDevice))))

will always fail with the error:
    hr E_NOINTERFACE No such interface supported. HRESULT

If I change the type it seems from ID3D11Device1 to ID3D11Device it seems to continue but this creates a flow on effect of having to change the ID3D11DeviceContext1 etc until I get to the IDXGIFactory2 which needs to be that type to call CreateSwapChainForHwnd.

I’m a bit at a loss of whats going on here. It could be something to do with how directX is set up on my PC. I’m currently using a laptop which has both windows 8.1 and windows 7 installed. I’m doing all my work under windows 7.

So has anyone experienced this before? or knows the difference between ID3D11Device1 and ID3D11Device. I’m thinking that maybe my windows SDK path could be setup incorrectly, possibly pointing to windows 8 headers and libs but then running on win7 dlls?

Stevus01
    Participant

I’ve fixed this problem, for anyone else’s sake that might have this or similar troubles its worth redownloading the windows update service pack with the new directx 11 build. I found it here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/179113

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.