please upload project files of OpenGL Essentials Live Lessons

Home Forums General Discussion please upload project files of OpenGL Essentials Live Lessons

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Paul Varcholik 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

JamesWang
    Participant

I watched several lessons and find the tutorial very helpful,
    I hope to learn the basics of modern OpenGL development through the course,
    Thank you for your wonderful instruction.

I have a little problem,
    my college purchased Safari Connect library subscription, but I don’t know why I can’t see the project files.
    Neither can I download from informit.com as a registered user.
    Would you please upload the project files to Github or Bitbucket?

Best Regards.

Paul Varcholik
    Keymaster

Hi James,

Thank you for the heads up. The source should have been linked off of the Safari Books Online/InformIT sites. My editor is working on fixing that at this very moment. Independent of the existence of such a link, I’ve hosted the source code on bitbucket at:

https://bitbucket.org/pvarcholik/opengl-essentials-livelessons

Thanks for your interest. Shout if you have any questions.

Paul

kashyff
    Participant

Hi Paul,

I have downloaded the source files and trying to run them on visual studio 2015. I ham imported the solution (.sln) under build folder but when I build solution or run code in IDE, I am getting lots of lnk200 x unresolved external symbol errors. Could you please help in resolving this issue.

Or is it required to use Visual studio 2013 edition only to compile and run the source code files?

Regards
    kashyf

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  kashyff.

Paul Varcholik
    Keymaster

Sorry it’s taken me so long to respond. I haven’t been receiving notifications of forum posts and didn’t see your post.

No, the code is not restricted to VS 2013. However, I do see an issue linking against GLFW.

My solution will be to create a VS 2015 branch on BitBucket that changes a few things about the project configurations. Specifically, I’m updating the Lesson projects to use project references to the Library project, replacing the versions of the GLFW, assimp, and glm libraries to use NuGet, and modifying the various search paths accordingly. I should have this branch committed shortly.

Paul

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.